Romanceable by: All characters, depending on story choices
About: Koth Vortena is a former captain in the Zakuulan military who defected with his crew when he was ordered to kill civilians. While on the run from Zakuul Knights, he met Lana Beniko, and the two began plotting to dethrone Emperor Arcann. With Lana’s prowess as a Sith Lord and Koth’s skills in the pilot seat, the two became a formidable thorn in the Eternal Empire’s side–eventually breaking out the legendary Outlander accused of assassinating Valkorion. A proud Zakuulan, Koth has high hopes for the future of his homeworld and longs for the days of peace and prosperity under Valkorion’s reign.
How to start romance: Koth Vortena is first introduced to the player in the second chapter of the Knights of the Fallen Empire storyline, which can be started at level 60 or higher from your ship. Koth does not like it when you sacrifice civilians or leave innocent people behind and may leave your party or decline your romance depending on what choices you make.
- IMPORTANT CHOICE! Sun Reactor In Chapter 3 of Knights of the Fallen Empire, the player can choose to stop a sun reactor from exploding. The light side option is “Their deaths don’t help me.” and the dark side option is “Let it all burn.” If the player chooses the dark side option, sacrificing citizens of Zakuul, Koth will be very angry with the player and not want to romance with them later. [[Note, I have seen other players say that you can still romance him after destroying the sun reactor – but you may need to help the exiles and choose Koth in the next two decisions to salvage your relationships. Maybe you need to make the right decision 2 out of 3 times before Chapter 9? However other players have said they saved the exiles and picked Koth over Senya and he stilled stormed out later.]]
- In Chapter 4 of Knights of the Fallen Empire, the player can first [FLIRT] with Koth in the swamps, after Koth expresses that he appreciates that the player understands that all of Zakuul does not need to suffer in the pursuit of Arcann.
- In Chapter 4 of Knights of the Fallen Empire, after repairing the ship, Koth will discuss the Gravestone with the player, and if the player is supportive during the dialogue, another option to [FLIRT] will show up.
- POSSIBLY IMPORTANT CHOICE! Exiles and Gravestone In Chapter 4 of Knights of the Fallen Empire, HK-55 will come across a group of exiles who protested Emperor Arcann’s war. The player can choose “Come with us.” (light side) or “you’re on your own.” (dark side) If the player chooses to save them, Koth will thank the player and say they’re doing the right thing. If the player chooses to leave them there, Koth will not say anything to the player and walk away. [[I do not know if this is a key choice that affects the Koth romance or not, but some players believe it might.]] One important thing to know is that you may only get this cutscene if you choose to go with Lana first, and Koth after. So you may want to choose Lana first to make sure this cutscene triggers. [[Need more confirmation about this.]]
- In Chapter 6 of Knights of the Fallen Empire, after meeting with the Scions, Koth will be angry about the Outlander’s secret, and a funny [FLIRT] option will show up.
- POSSIBLY IMPORTANT CHOICE! Koth vs Senya In Chapter 7 of Knights of the Fallen Empire, the player will have a choice of choosing “I’m taking Senya.” or “I’m taking Koth.” the player should take Koth if they want to spend more time with him. [[I do not know if this is a key choice that affects the Koth romance or not, but some players believe it might.]]
- In Chapter 8 of Knights of the Fallen Empire, Koth will go with HK to handle the Zakuul Knights, and the player can choose “[FLIRT] You’re my champion.” for a very thoughtful line.
- In Chapter 8 of Knights of the Fallen Empire, after an epic fight scene with Arcann, the player is badly hurt, and Koth saves them, the player can choose the dialogue option “[FLIRT] I’ll live, for you.” for the first kiss cutscene.
- MOST IMPORTANT CUTSCENE! After the main part of the Knights of the Fallen Empire Chapter 9 takes place, the player will be in the Odessan cantina with many other characters including Koth, Senya, Theron and Lana. The player will walk over to talk to Lana and Theron. Two dialogue options will appear, the first is “I need to see one of you.” and the second is “[Flirt] I need to see one of you.” This is the most important cutscene to continue your romance with Koth. This option will actually the option to continue your romance with all three of them – Koth, Theron, or Lana, but the game will not give you a choice of which one. During this cutscene with Koth, and after some talk about the Gravestone, Koth will ask the player where their romance is going, and the player should choose “[FLIRT] I’m okay with that.” A box will pop up “This choice will begin a romance with Koth. Are you sure you want to proceed?” click Continue and they will kiss. You may have need to flirt with Koth at least once before this point to trigger the romance option but I am not 100% sure about that. If you did not successfully trigger a romance with Koth before this point, instead of those options popping up, your character will say they were hoping to talk, and the dialogue wheel will have three options of “Koth.” “Lana.” or “Theron.” and the player will talk to them without any romance options – this is also what shows up when you replay the chapter (the romance does not show up in the replay). If you destroyed the sun reactor, Koth will interject before the player can talk to him and express that he has limits and leave the room. If this happens, the player can then choose to romance [FLIRT] with Theron, or romance [FLIRT] with Lana as a consolation prize. [[As noted above, there is a possibility he will not walk out, but I do not know the specifics.]]
- IMPORTANT CHOICE! Kaliyo and the Spire In Chapter 10 of Knights of the Fallen Empire, the player will have a choice of choosing to destroy the spire or not. The player an choose the light side option of “Let this go, Kaliyo.” or the dark side options of “Do it yourself.” or “Yes. I’ll have my revenge.” If the player chooses the dark side options, sacrificing citizens of Zakuul, Koth will actually take a shuttle and leave the alliance. There is a chance you may be able to [LIE] and say that blowing up the spire was unavoidable / an accident. [[There is a chance you can lie and he may still walk out, but I do not know the specifics. It may involve your previous choices.]]
- In Chapter 16 of Knights of the Fallen Empire, Koth will say its an honor to fight alongside the player, and the player can [FLIRT].
- In Chapter 1 of Knights of the Eternal Throne, Koth will show up with the Gravestone, and a [FLIRT] option will be available over holocall.
- In Chapter 3 of Knights of the Eternal Throne, the player will run in to Koth in person, and a [FLIRT] option will lead to a vigorous kiss.
- In Chapter 3 of Knights of the Eternal Throne, Koth will be excited about reinforcements while on the Gravestone, and the player can [FLIRT] to ask for a kiss (or choose to punch him!). If you choose to punch him, he will be hurt, and send you a letter, but it is not a true break up.
- In Chapter 9 of Knights of the Eternal Throne, on the Gravestone, the player will have the option to “[Kiss Koth]” or [Inspire Koth]”.
- During the short “Hearts and Minds” quest after the expansions, after the player has made a small speech during the meeting, Koth will catch up with the player, Koth invites the player for roast gorak on Asylum and the player can “[Kiss Koth]”.
Romance conflicts: If you have romanced a companion through the companion stories and the originally game, you can still start a romance with Koth in the expansions. However, if you start or renew a romance in Knights of the Fallen Empire, Knights of the Eternal Throne, or Onslaught, Koth will speak with you and consider your relationship over. This includes renewing your existing romance with any of your returning companions.
Videos: Koth Vortena Full Romance Video KOTFE, Koth saves you from Arcann and kisses you, Additional Koth Romance flirts in KOTET, Hearts and Minds romance additional dialogue, Koth rejects romance, Threatening to kill Koth later if the player romances Lana, Choke and kill Koth when he returns from the Gravestone, Romanced Koth leaves after choices made with Kaliyo and the Spire, Blowing up Zakuul with Kaliyo, Punch Koth for stealing the Gravestone but keep him as part of your team, Koth is a Traitor (after he Stole the Gravestone) on Iokath, Lana gets jealous when you flirt with Koth, (not a video) Koth choices and the Gravestone, Koth break up if you start or renew another romance, Zakuul exiles Chapter 4 Knights of the Fallen Empire all fates with Koth and Lana, Lieing to Koth about blowing up the Spire in Chapter 10, (not a vidoe) Discussion about how to romance Koth and have him betray the alliance later, (not a video) another thread discussing Chapter 10 and Koth leaving or staying