Update 7.3 in Star Wars: The Old Republic brought some minor gearing changes for level 80, which actually makes gearing up easier than ever!
- Daily Resource Matrixes are no longer required to purchase or upgrade any gear
- Purchasing and Upgrading gear now requires less types of currencies
- The currency caps are now higher
- Four tacticals got changed
Want to learn how to gear up?
I’ve fully updated my Level 80 Gearing Guide for Update 7.3!
Daily Resource Matrix Removed
The biggest change in Update 7.3 for gearing is that the currency Daily Resource Matrix was entirely removed from the game – if you had some, they were automatically converted to Conquest Commendations, and any type of gear purchases that used to require them no longer require them. This makes all gearing paths easier with one less currency required!
If you are doing the Level 80 Solo Gearing trick with the earpiece, you don’t need to change anything you are doing, except you won’t need to run any daily planets or heroics anymore. Everything else stays the same.
If you now have a large pile of Conquest Commendations, don’t forget you can trade them in if you don’t need them!
- At the Conquest Gear Vendor: Trade 500 Conquest Commendations for 200 FP-1 Stabilizers
- At the Conquest Gear Vendor: Trade 200 Conquest Commendations for 200 Tech Fragments
Fewer currencies required to upgrade gear
The the currencies required to upgrade gear are reduced, allowing players to better focus on the content they enjoy. Here are the coming changes, organized by their vendor.
Conquest Gear Vendor:
- To Purchase Gear => Conquest Commendations, Credits
To Upgrade Gear => Previous Gear Piece, Conquest Commendations, Credits
- Previously: /
Flashpoint Gear Vendor:
- To Purchase Gear => Flashpoint Stabilizers, Credits
- To Upgrade Gear => Previous Gear Piece, Flashpoint Stabilizers, Credits
Operations Gear Vendor:
- To Purchase Gear => Operation Catalysts, Credits
- To Upgrade Gear => Previous Gear Piece, Operation Catalysts, Credits
PvP Gear Vendor:
- To Purchase Gear => PvP Accelerants, Credits
- To Upgrade Gear => Previous Gear Piece, PvP Accelerants, Credits
Legendary Implants Vendor:
- To Purchase => Conquest Commendations, Tech Fragments, Credits
- To Upgrade => Previous Implant, Conquest Commendations, Tech Fragments, Credits
Currency Caps Higher
We’ve heard your feedback on the frustration currency caps cause and will be raising the weekly caps for progression currency as follows:
- Increased the weekly cap of Conquest Commendations to 6,000 (up from 2500).
- Increased the total cap of Conquest Commendations 4000 (up from 2500) to account for the removal of Daily Resource Matrices.
- Increased the weekly cap of FP-1 Stabilizers to 3,000 (up from 1200).
- The total cap will remain at 2500.
- Increased the weekly cap of WZ-1 Accelerant to 2,000 (up from 1200).
- The total cap will remain at 1200.
- Increased the weekly cap of OP-1 Catalyst to 2,000 (up from 1200).
- The total cap will remain at 1200.
- The Neural Trigger Tactical has been redesigned. It now roots the target instead of stuns. (Dealing damage to an enemy affected by your Neural Jolt / Neural Trigger roots them for 2 seconds and ends the taunt.)
- The Energized Blade Tactical has been redesigned and renamed Energized Vambrace – Gaining an Energy Lode stack increases Retractable Blade’s bleed and Magnetic Blast’s damage by 5% for 10 seconds. Stacks up to 4 times. // Gaining an Energy Lode stack increases Gut’s bleed and Tactical Surge’s damage by 5%. Stacks up to 4 times and lasts 10 seconds.
- The Viral Elements Tactical no longer causes Lethal Strike / Point Blank Shot to hit the primary target twice.
- Increased the Stormwatch tactical’s duration to 15 seconds (up from 10 seconds). (Telekinetic Gust applies Stormwatch to its targets. For the next 10 seconds, whenever the target takes damage to Weaken Mind, Mind Crush, or Turbulence a force gust is called down upon the target, dealing energy damage. // Lightning Flash applies Stormwatch to its targets. For the next 15 seconds, whenever the target takes damage to Affliction, Crushing Darkness, or Thundering Blast a lightning bolt is called down upon the target, dealing energy damage.)
If you missed the previous changes, here they are! There were no changes to item-rating in Update 7.3.
- The minimum item-rating for most types of gear used to be 320 – it is now 324, so new players will start at 324. If you never managed to get 324 in past updates, visit the vendors and you’ll be able to simply purchase 324 pieces if you have the right currency. This goes for 7.3 too.
- The max item-rating for most types of gear used to be 330 – it is now 336, so you can continue upgrading your gear. This goes for 7.3 too.
- This includes Hyde & Zeek, so you can get blue 336 mods and purple 336 enhancements for your moddable gear. This goes for 7.3 too.
- You can now buy Flashpoint and Operation gear directly from vendors using their respective currencies – you don’t need the pieces to drop directly from bosses anymore. This goes for 7.3 too.
- 7.2 There are some new ways to exchange currency types that are really useful.
- 7.2 Some tacticals were changed/redesigned.
- 7.2 New general minimum item-rating: 324 (Conquest/Solo, Flashpoints, Operations)
- 7.2New general maximum item-rating: 336 (Conquest/Solo, Flashpoints, Operations, Hyde & Zeek)
- 7.2PvP: 322-332 *** BUG/ISSUE: There seems to be some issues with bolster for players above 332, they are supposed to be pushed down to 332, but are not. I don’t know details.
- 7.2 R-4 Gear: No changes.
- 7.2 Legendary Implants: No changes.