A new tier of Legendary quality Augments at Item Rating 300 have been added to Star wars: The Old Republic, making them the new best augments available in the game. The augments will be extremely expensive if you choose to buy them from other players, and they require materials that can only be earned through both Ranked PvP and Operations. Most players will likely skip these augments as they will be prohibitively expensive, or require a lot of time and effort in the most difficult parts of the game to obtain. In this video we’ll be going over how to craft these new augments and where their materials come from.
- Why is there a new set of augments?
- How do you craft the new augments?
- What are the next best augments?
- Superior Accuracy Augment 77
- Superior Shield Augment 77
- Superior Versatile Augment 77
- Superior Critical Augment 77
- Superior Redoubt Augment 77
- Superior Absorb Augment 77
Why is there a new set of augments?
There are three reasons new augments were added to the game – the first is to give players working on the most difficult operations a way to boost their progress by obtaining the new augments, and the second is to give players who are already geared up a profitable reason to go back in to Master Mode operations, and lastly, to encourage players to jump in to Ranked PvP to gain the expensive materials as a reward.
The developers released this info when they were first teasing the new augments:
- For a little background, we try to strike a balance between the right time to introduce new power to chase into the game and respecting your time invested in getting to the current maximum level of gear. We also want to refresh interest in our prestige modes by adding a very clear incentive while we work on the next batch of new content.
- We have a few goals here. First, in PvE, it has been several months since Dxun Master Mode released. Top-end guilds have cleared the content and achieved the timed run achievements. Guilds still progressing in Dxun could use a slight boost to help get over the hill of that next boss, and a slight power bump should help. We don’t want progression to stagnate, and we would also like to make it worth people’s time to farm older Master Modes in order to gear up the next batch of recruits for the most current content.
- In PvP, we want to continue to foster more high quality matches in Ranked, especially Group Ranked. So far this year we’ve boosted rewards to that end, but haven’t seen as much movement there as we would like. So, in addition to boosting conquest rewards for Ranked (as indicated in David’s post), we are introducing an additional exclusive reward which is required to build the new augments. [Source]
How do you craft the new augments?
To craft a single augment, you will need in total:
- x7 of item OEM-37, a material earned through Master Mode Operations, can also be bought and sold on the GTN
- x14 of item RPM-13, a material earned through Ranked PvP, can also be bought and sold on the GTN
- x5 of item Legendary Ember, a material earned mostly through deconstructing item rating 300 gear or better (gold border)
- x5 of item Processed Isotope Stabilizer, a material mostly from group Flashpoints and Operations
- x5 of item Solid Resource Matrix earned through Conquest
- x5 of a Grade 11 Component for the crew skill which will be crafting the augment
- x3 of the other Grade 11 Component for the crew skill which will be crafting the augment
First you must craft, have crafted for you, or buy the CM-1337, which can be crafted by all Cybertechs who have a crafting level of 700, the schematic comes directly from the trainer. This CM-1337 item is made up of the 7 OEM items, and 14 of the RPM items, and 5 Legendary Embers. Then you can take that CM-1337 item and combine it with the Processed Isotope Stabilizers, the Solid Resource Matrixes, and the crafted components to get your augment, using the crafting skill that lines up with the augment you want to make. The schematics for these new augments come directly from the crew skill trainer. So Cybertechs craft the CM-1337 component, Armstech crafts the Accuracy and Shield and Versatile augments, Synthweaving crafts Critical and Redoubt augments, and Armormech crafts the Absorb and Alacrity augments, and Artifice and Biochem can’t craft anything to do with augments.
If you feel the crafting materials costs are high, they were actually reduced from 15 OEMs and 25 RPMs per augment based on player feedback before they were released!
What are the next best augments?
With these augments costing so much, here are your alternatives:
- Augment 73 (blue, pretty cheap and easy to make or buy)
- Advanced Augment 74 (purple, a bit harder to unlock the schematic and requires Legendary Embers and Solid Resource Matrixs, next best available in the game)
You can see the previous best augments here in the Onslaught crafting guide.
This new crafting material OEM-37 only drops from Master Mode operations, the most difficult type of group content in the game. It drops as a Need/Greed/Pass drop, so all players have a chance to roll on this material as long as the loot rules are not set to Master Looter.
- Most bosses drop 1 OEM in 8-person, 2 in 16-person
- Final bosses drop 3 OEMs in 8-person and 6 in 16-person
- Dxun bosses will drop 2 OEMs in 8-person and 4 in 16-person
- Apex Vanguard in Dxun, the hardest operation, will drop 6 OEMs in 8-person and 12 in 16-person
This new crafting material RPM-13 only drops from Ranked PvP quests, the competitive version of Player-vs-player content. The different daily and weekly ranked quests have different percentage chances to drop an RPM. One important thing to note is that completing the dailies and weeklies require Ranked wins, not just participation.
- 50% chance in weekly group ranked box
- 5 on Weekly Group Ranked Quest
- 10% chance in daily group ranked box
- 1 on Daily Group Ranked Quest
- 25% chance in weekly solo ranked box
- 0 in Weekly Solo Ranked Quest
- 5% chance in daily solo ranked box
- 0 in Daily Solo Ranked Quest
Superior Accuracy Augment 77
Superior Shield Augment 77
Superior Versatile Augment 77
Superior Critical Augment 77
Superior Redoubt Augment 77
Superior Absorb Augment 77
Superior Alacrity Augment 77