Romanceable by: All characters
About: Some are driven to follow in their parents’ footsteps, while others loathe the very concept. For Theron Shan, it’s a moot point. In keeping with Jedi strictures against attachment, Theron’s mother, Grand Master Satele Shan, sent her infant son to be raised by the Jedi who trained her, Master Ngani Zho. Over time, as it became evident that Theron was not Force sensitive like his mother, he abandoned any notion of becoming a Jedi. Eventually, he joined the Strategic Information Service, using his adventurous nature and unique skillset to become a trusted field agent for the Republic.
How to start romance: Theron Shan is first introduced to the player in the Prelude to Shadow of Revan storyline, which can be started at level 53 or higher, Republic players will speak to T3-G2 located near the mission departures elevator to the east on the fleet, and Imperial players will speak to A7-M1, located near the mission departures elevator to the west on the fleet.
- The first cutscene the player can flirt with him is in the story cutcenes for the Depths of Manaan Flashpoint as part of the Prelude. Although there are no full guides to romancing Theron Shan, the general advice is to continue choosing the [FLIRT] option whenever it is available as it shows up throughout the expansions, and that the most important choice to lock in his romance on the ninth chapter of the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion.
- At the end of the Rishi storyline in the prelude, in a cutscene with the player, Lana Beniko, Theron and Jakarro in it, Theron Shan will angrily mention being thrown to the wolves. Immediately afterwards, the player has a chance to choose to [FLIRT] with Theron Shan or Lana Beniko. The dialogue choice to flirt with Theron will lead to the proper start of the romance and a kiss scene.
- On Yavin 4, before heading off to the temple, Theron will interrupt the conversation, and the player and Theron will have a tender moment.
- At the end of the Yavin 4 storyline, the player will speak with Theron. For Republic players, Theron will speak with the player alone, and they can share a kiss before they part ways. If you are Imperial, you can try and recruit him for the Empire but he will decline, and they can either part with a kiss or as enemies.
- In the Ziost storyline, Theron Shan will meet up with the player, but won’t be in a mood for romance after the events on Ziost.
- When the player shuttles down to Odessan for the first time in Chapter 9 of Knights of the Fallen Empire, they will give a speech, then be reunited with Theron after a long break, and Theron and there is a small [FLIRT] option.
- In the cutscene where the alliance specialists are introduced including Dr Ogorobb the hutt, Bey’wan Aygo, Hylo Visz and Sana-Rae, there is an option to [FLIRT] with Theron ans ask him “[FLIRT] When can we talk?” and he will reply soon.
- MOST IMPORTANT CUTSCENE! After the main part of the Knights of the Fallen Empire Chapter 9 takes place, the player will be in the Odessan cantina with many other characters including Koth, Senya, Theron and Lana. The player will walk over to talk to Lana and Theron. Two dialogue options will appear, the first is “I need to see one of you.” and the second is “[Flirt] I need to see one of you.” This is the most important cutscene to continue your romance with Theron. This option will actually the option to continue your romance with all three of them – Koth, Theron, or Lana, but the game will not give you a choice of which one. During this cutscene with Theron, when Theron starts talking keeping everything running smoothly, the player can choose “[FLIRT] Everything?” This will officially lock in your romance with Theron Shan, and a box will pop up that says “This choice will begin a romance with Theron Shan. Are you sure you want to proceed?” click Continue. This scene ends in a kiss. You may have need to flirt with Theran Shan at least once before this point to trigger the romance option but I am not 100% sure about that. If you did not successfully trigger a romance with Theron before this point, instead of those options popping up, your character will say they were hoping to talk, and the dialogue wheel will have three options of “Koth.” “Lana.” or “Theron.” and the player will talk to them without any romance options – this is also what shows up when you replay the chapter (the romance does not show up in the replay).
- In Chapter 11 of Knights of the Fallen Empire, the player will meet with Theron, and there will be a [FLIRT] option early in the conversation.
- In Chapter 12 of Knights of the Fallen Empire, the player will meet with Theron’s mother, and can choose an amusing option to flirt with her that will not go anywhere. The player can also let her know they are in a relationship with Theron. If the player is in a romance, and also tries to kill her later in the chapter, there is a bit more additional dialogue.
- In Chapter 16 of Knights of the Fallen Empire, the player will be asked to make a choice about Kaliyo and Aric Jorgan. Immediately after, the player will enter a short cutscene with Theron where he asks the player to be careful and there is a kiss cutscene.
- In Chapter 1 of Knights of the Eternal Empire on Voss, Theron will come to the player’s rescue, and there is a [FLIRT] option after he greets the player.
- In Chapter 2 of Knights of the Eternal Empire, near the end of the chapter when the player is with Acina an on holocall with Theron, there is a small [FLIRT] option.
- As far as I can tell, in the chaos of the later chapters, there is very little or no flirt options.
- In the ninth and final chapter of Knights of the Eternal Throne, on the Gravestone, the player will have the option to “[Kiss Theron]” or [Inspire Theron.]”
- (MAJOR TRAITOR ARC SPOILERS AHEAD)
- On Iokath, the player has the option to flirt with Jace Malcolm, Theron’s father, if they sided with the Republic. This amusing option will not hurt Theron’s romance and does not go anywhere.
- On Iokath, if the player chooses to side with the Empire, Jace Malcolm will be sacrificed, and the player can comfort Theron, and then choose to kiss him. A few scenes later the player will tell Theron that they love him.
- At the end of Iokath, the player says that the feel they have been betrayed by someone close to them. When Lana asks who the player thinks betrayed them, the player can say “You.” or “Theron.” or “Acina.” The player can accuse Theron and still continue the romance if they choose, Theron is just angry about it when he is accused.
- Later, when the player returns to the Odessan base for the Umbara story, the player can inquire about the state of finding the traitor, and there will be a [FLIRT] option available and a kiss scene.
- During the Umbara flashpoint, Theron reveals himself to be the traitor, but claims he still loves the player, but that he is working towards a greater goal. After the flashpoint, you can choose to send two messages to Theron – the first is “There’s still hope for peace.” and “He’s a dead man.” Theron will reply that he also loves the player but can not return to the alliance. Choosing the dead man option will not jeopardize future romance.
- Theron will continue to be a traitor in the Copero flashpoint.
- IMPORTANT CUTSCENE! Saving Theron and Marriage. In the beginning of the Nathema flashpoint, Theron will sneak up on the player and confess they were acting as a double-agent to infiltrate the enemy’s order. At the end of the flashpoint, Theron will be terribly wounded. and the player will need to choose to either “Let’s go home.” and bring Theron back to be healed, or “Leave him to die” to have him die and see a small cutscene where his mother feels his death in the Force. Once back on Odessan, if the player saved Theron, they can make a second choice of if they want Theron to remain in the alliance, “Of course we are.” to keep him around or “No. We’re not” to end their friendship and have Theron leave. If the player keeps Theron, and they are in a romance, they will go off for some privacy, and the player can make a third choice, about continuing their romance – “Absolutely.” or “I’m sorry.” to break up. A box will pop up “This choice will resume your romance with Theron Shan and end any romances you may have with any other characters. Are you sure you want to proceed?” click Continue. The player will then make a fourth choice. Theron will promise he will spend the rest of his life showing the player how much he loves them, and the player can choose “Was that a proposal?” to have Theron propose plus a kiss, and your character automatically say yes, otherwise choose “You’d better.” The second option will lead to the romance continuing but no marriage.
- At the beginning of the Ossus storyline, Theron and the player will share a tender hug goodbye, as a former spy would not be welcome on Ossus.
- Back on Odessan, the player will have a conference, give a small speech, and Theron will pull the player aside afterwards, and ask to go on a romantic speeder ride across the canyon. The player can choose “[Kiss Theron]” or “Not now.” sadly we do not get to see their date in a cutscene.
- After Onslaught and Corellia, the player, Theron and Lana will be speaking on the fleet, and there is an option to “[Kiss Theron]”.
Romance conflicts: If you have romanced a companion through the companion stories and the originally game, you can still start a romance with Theron Shan in the expansions. However, if you start or renew a romance in Knights of the Fallen Empire, Knights of the Eternal Throne, or Onslaught, Theron Shan will speak with you and consider your relationship over. This includes renewing your existing romance with any of your returning companions.
Videos: Full Theron Shan Romance Video, Leaving Theron Shan To Die on Nathema, Kick Theron Shan from the Alliance after Saving Him in Nathema Conspiracy, Not mentioning Theron’s proposal but keeping the romance, Declining to resume the romance with Theron after he returns after Nathema, Breaking up with Theron Shan because you started a new romance, Force Choke Theron Shan for Betraying You on Crisis on Umbara, Accuse Romanced Theron Shan of Being the Traitor, Scaring Theron on Iokath by saying “Boo!” on different characters, Jace Malcom Dies and Encourage Theron To Kill Him, Telling Theron Shan that you’re a double agent for the Republic (Imperial Saboteur), Imperial break up as enemies with Theron at the end of Yavin 4, Imperial break up as friends with Theron at the end of Yavin 4, Republic break up with Theron at the end of Yavin 4