In 2023, Star Wars: The Old Republic launched Update 7.2.1 which included the 64-bit update. This technical update raised the game’s Minimum Requirements, sometimes known as “min specs”. These are the lowest/cheapest/oldest computer parts and software that will run SWTOR. If you do not have these or better, SWTOR may not run.
SWTOR Minimum Requirements
These are the minimum specs to run SWTOR according to the developers:
- Operating System: Windows 10 or later – 64-bit
- AMD: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
- Intel: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 1 GB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. )Examples include:Intel HD 3000 or better/AMD Radeon HD 7450/Nvidia GeForce 610)
- Storage: 75 GB available space
- Internet connection: Required to play
These requirements are not very high compared to modern games, and very few players with issues have reported they are below the minimum requirements.
How to Check Your Computer Specs
You can easily check your computer specs and compare them:
- Click on the Windows Start button, then click on Settings (the gear icon on the left)
- In the Settings window, click on System on the top left
- Scroll down and click on About on the left menu
- Here you’ll be able to see your:
- Processor (AMD or Intel)
- Memory (Installed RAM)
- Operating System (Windows Edition)
- You can see even more hardware by clicking the “Device Manager” link on the right – for example your graphics card may be in the “Display Adapters” section.
- To find out how much storage you have, you need to find out which Drive you have installed SWTOR on (usually C:), right-click it, and choose Properties, which will show you your storage.
Here’s a worksheet to fill out about your specs if you are troubleshooting:
- Operating System / Windows Version: ???
- Processor AMD/Intel and Version: ???
- Memory / GB of RAM: ???
- Graphics / Display Adapter: ???
- Storage Space: ???